River Bend Middle School Counseling Program Vision
RBMS counseling program believes that all students have the ability to succeed and have the right to a supportive educational environment that is safe, enriching, and values the uniqueness of all students. With a focus on developing the student as a whole person, counselors support academic success and foster empathetic and authentic relationships between students, staff and the community; resulting in a program that will produce empowered students who are resilient, productive, and career and college ready leaders in their communities and in the world at large.
River Bend Middle School Counseling Program Mission
RBMS counseling program will facilitate the creation of a nurturing learning community by promoting and supporting students in their academic, personal/social, and career development using a multicultural framework and a school-community collaboration model. School counselors will serve as advocates for all students as well as consultants for school staff, students, and parents in order to empower students so they can reach their full potential as career and college ready, empathetic, and globally competent leaders in their communities.
River Bend Middle School Counseling Program Beliefs
- The professional school counselors at River Bend Middle School believe:
- All students can achieve and should be given the opportunity to do so.
- All students have dignity and worth and have a right to a safe, mutually respectful, healthy, and orderly learning environment.
- Learning involves the education of the whole person and is a continuous lifelong process.
- All students have the right to participate in the school counseling program.
- Learning requires the active participation, mutual respect, and individual accountability of students, teachers, staff, parents, and community members.
- Diversity is to be respected and appreciated as we foster unity among our students, faculty, staff, and community.